EU Data Privacy Directive
CCI complies with the EU Data Privacy Directive to the extent it applies to the information CCI maintains. This gives you certain rights in relation to the information which we hold about you. When you provide us with your information, you acknowledge that the information will be stored and processed on servers located in the US.
Personal and Other Information Collected by CCI
CCI collects personal information for the following reasons:
1. To provide you with the products or services you have requested, including processing your payment;
2. To better understand you, to allow us to serve you better through enhanced products, customer service and directed CCI promotional efforts of particular interest;
3. To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions, or concerns you may have about our products or services; and
4. To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
If you opt-in to receive offers, promotions, or other information from CCI, your information will be used to provide you with promotional offers for CCI products and services that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our products and services. If you have opted in to receive these offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date.
Use of My Information
CCI collects the personal information you provide on our site. We will use the information you submit to our Web sites to send you advertising or promotional materials, including information about new products, contests, features, and enhancements, special offers, and other events of interest. We also use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the products and services we provide you and can better meet your needs. The demographic information (e.g., age and gender) you provide us is collected by CCI and may be disclosed in aggregate to third parties. This aggregate demographic information cannot be used to personally identify you or your computer. CCI may share your personal information (including that of children under 13) with other members of the CCI corporate group, and their respective successors and assigns, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes identified under the heading “Personal and Other Information Collected by CCI”. In addition to this inter-corporate sharing, CCI may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
1. To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, CCI may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, payment processing, prize fulfillment of our sweepstakes and skill contests, or collection of overdue accounts. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
2. To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information (including that of children under 13) to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the company's rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
3. To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving CCI or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to CCI’s customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, CCI would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to CCI’s successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
Security Measures To Safeguard Personal Information
CCI has implemented physical, electronic, and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss, or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords and firewalls to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose. CCI will only collect personal information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes, and we will take appropriate steps to ensure the security and integrity of any information (including that of children under 13) you provide to us. Any information provided to CCI on the CCI website is housed in a secure datacenter, and sensitive information such as credit card numbers are secured using SSL encryption.
Location of Personal Information
Non-personal or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When users browse our website, for example, we gather information about the number of users who are viewing each page so that we can learn what features are the most popular. We also use this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to personalize and enhance your onsite experience by displaying content and marketing messages we believe will be of interest to you and to deliver content that is specific to your country or area of residence. We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about our website to third parties. In addition, to help us better understand our markets, we may gather demographic information for analytical purposes on an anonymous, aggregate basis. This information is not kept, used, or disclosed at the individual level, but may be disclosed to third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis.
Online Policy Regarding Privacy of Children
NOTE TO PARENTS
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information
CCI CONTACT INFORMATION Any personal information that a child provides to our Web site(s) for purposes of registration is collected by CCI. CCI’s contact information is as follows
Cheer Channel, Inc.
Attention: Website Administrator
1501 West 5th Street, Suite E Austin, TX 78703
DISCLOSURE OF CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please read the section titled “Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information” (above) for our policy on the disclosure of personal information collected from and about children under 13.
A parent or guardian who has already given CCI permission to collect and use his, her, or a child's personal information can, at any time, do the following: (1) review, correct, or have deleted the child's personal information; and/or, (2) discontinue further collection or use of the child's personal information. To do so, please refer to the confirmation email provided to you when you gave consent or contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your child's name and email address, your name and email address, and the name of the site at which your child is registered. To make changes to your child's demographic information, you may also visit the online profile section of one of our sites. We will be happy to honor your request.
Links to Third Party Sites
To provide relevant information not found on our Web sites and to facilitate online shopping visitors and users may, through hypertext or other computer "links," gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by CCI. CCI is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CCI of the website linked to. CCI will notify users when they are leaving the CCI site and we encourage our users to read third party sites' privacy policies before submitting personal information CCI ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITE OPERATED BY CCI AND ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON A CCI-OPERATED WEBSITE. Unless otherwise indicated at a CCI operated website, CCI is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked websites, and trademarks used in connection with linked websites are not trademarks of CCI. CCI specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by anyone under the Age of Majority (as may be defined in the applicable website user agreement) of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
Controlling How Your Personal Information is Collected, Used, and Disclosed
You have control over how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to CCI Customer Service Department, as described below. You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email. A request for a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which CCI can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
Questions, Comments or Accessing or Updating Your Personal Information:
Cheer Channel, Inc.,
1501 West 5th Street, Suite E
Austin, TX 78703 .
Please note that certain information is required by CCI to process payment and fulfill any orders that you may place through our website, and if you withdraw your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information for these purposes, then CCI will not be able to fulfill your orders. If, after contacting our customer service department, your concerns or questions have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact CCI Legal Department in writing via mail or fax:
Cheer Channel, Inc.
Attention: Legal Department
1501 West 5th Street, Suite E Austin, TX 78703
FAX: (512) 532-7988
Last modified on September 10, 2009